Saturday, January 20, 2018

New Year, New Pattern

Hi Everyone! :)

I've been feeling some more creative spirit recently, when I was staring at a nearly empty ball of Rico Crochet Thread that I used for making Kaia by Zoya Matyushenko. There wasn't enough to make a large doily, but there was enough left to make a decently sized coaster. So I made this:



Introducing the Pinwheel Sail coaster! It's 4.5" across (although I did use a large crochet hook for size 10 thread, a 2.25mm hook, so it could be smaller or larger according to your personal specifications). It would look great in white, gray, fuchsia, or goldenrod as well. 

It's available on Ravelry here.

At first, I was thinking that the coaster was going to look like a total disaster, but I managed to steer it towards a more stylish direction with the edging. 

I plan on designing more crochet patterns throughout 2018, although I think I've found my niche in designing mini doilies and coasters. I've always been someone that likes to design with small needles/hooks and thin thread that result in smaller items. I've always wanted to design a larger doily (at least 10 inches), but it seems like I'm much better at designing the little stuff. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment