Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Some handspinning

On Sunday (last day of the weekend before school starts up again for the week), I finished/plied up 4oz of organic merino that had been on my miniSpinner for a few weeks. :) I didn't have the opportunity to complete my organic merino because of school. 

Here it is as singles on the bobbin:




I then plied it. The yarn came in at about 480 yards and a light fingering weight. 




Beautiful huh? I still need to get a niddy noddy. A 2yd one to be exact. This is the second large skein made by me that I've had to wrap around a chair. :( Maybe soon I'll be able to say, "Chairs no more!" :)

I'm not sure what I'm going to make with this skein. I might make the second bump of roving (another 4oz) the same weight and do a large project, or just make the second bump a worsted weight so I can make more animals. I have no idea. I still haven't figured out what to do with the first skein I've made with my miniSpinner:



That's a braid (100g) of SweetGeorgia SW BFL in the colorway Cold Mountain. I think I'm going to do another pair of Let it Be with this striping yarn. :) As soon as I finished this skein, I started on the organic merino (in the pictures above of the white yarn). The merino is a huge improvement from the BFL pictured here. It's much more consistent.







No comments:

Post a Comment