Sunday, April 1, 2018

Irish Style Magic Loop

I've got a new tutorial for everyone regarding crochet and starting a thickened magic loop circle. I learned this technique from an Irish Flower crochet pattern online. I like using this method for my doilies that start with single stitches (like Mint Crystal or Petals).  It is an alternative way to start a doily (similar result to doing a CH 7, slst in first chain, but without the run on top of the round).

I am using a 2.0mm hook with a thickened end (if you have a regular steel hook with no cushion, you can use a pencil or pen).




First, wrap your yarn around the end of the crochet hook five times.



Then, insert your hook into the circle, YO, pull loop up.


For SCs: CH 1, 16 SCs in loop 


For DCs: CSDC, 15 DCs in loop



And there you go! :) You've started an Irish-style cast on for one of my doilies (or any type of doily!)


No comments:

Post a Comment